Child Car Restraints
Using an appropriate child car restraint can greatly reduce the risk of death or serious injury to a child in the event of a crash.
Minimum age requirements for child car restraints
Birth - 6 months
- Rearward facing restraint, capsule or rearward facing convertible restraint
6 months - 4 years
- Rearward facing restraint
- Forward facing restraint with a five point internal harness forward facing convertible restraint with a five point internal harness, or a combination restraint used with a five point internal harness.
4 - 7 years
- Forward facing restraint
- Booster seat with a lap sash seat belt or h-harness
- Combination restraint used in a booster seat mode
The Australian Standard for Child Car Restraints AS/NZS 1754:2010 and 2013 are based on a child's age and height, this has changed from earlier Standards which included weight. When using a restraint from an earlier Standard you must still comply with the manufacturer’s weight limit for that restraint.
|Child Car Restraint Fitting Information Line|
||1300 780 713 (WST)
||Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm