Child Car Restraint Update - November 2016
Posted on: Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 12:00:00 AM
Child Car Restraint Update
Tips for organising a free child car restraint checking station.
The lead up to the festive season is an opportune time to think about how we can all give a little extra to road safety for people in our community.
Helping families prepare for the Christmas break by ensuring their children are appropriately restrained is important. Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitters are encouraged to consider conducting or being involved in a free child car restraint checking station in the lead up to the Christmas period.
To run a fitting station, the key components to consider are:
- donating a few hours of your time
- having an appropriate site to hold the checking station (and written permission to use the site)
- choosing a time that will be suitable for parents and caregivers in your area
- the need for $10 million public liability for all Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitters involved
- safety equipment including hi-visibility vests, witches hats and signage, and
- promotion of the event in your community including through local media, social media, newsletters, local school promotions and other relevant local organisations.
WALGA RoadWise can assist in the running of a checking station by:
- helping you connect with other Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitters in your area who may be interested in being involved
- providing brochures and other items to distribute on the day
- providing signage if required
- providing advice on applying for permission to use a site, and
- advertising of the event on the RoadWise website.
If you would like more information about conducting or being involved in a child car restraint checking station, please contact Road Safety Project Officer (Child Car Restraints), Tammie Deshon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Search Results