Help us bless the roads in 2016
Posted on: Tuesday, 16 February 2016 at 12:00:00 AM
Organisations can be actively involved in the Blessing of the Roads campaign by running events, erecting displays, promoting the campaign messages to their networks and recognising the efforts of emergency services personnel, road designers, volunteers and others for helping make our roads safer.
Individuals can participate by spreading the campaign messages to friends and family as well as being responsible road users:
- Turn off your mobile phone before driving.
- Travel at a safe speed - adapt your speed for the weather, light, and traffic and road conditions.
- Belt up when travelling in a vehicle.
- If you are planning to drink, arrange a skipper, organise public transport or stay overnight.
- Take a break, have a rest or if possible swap drivers - fatigue is a silent killer. Stop at one of the many Coffee Stop providers or operating Driver Reviver sites across Western Australia (visit the RoadWise website for locations).
A Blessing of the Roads 2016 Campaign Kit has been designed to provide you and your organisation with ideas and guidance to plan, organise, implement and communicate Blessing of the Roads activities and messages.
Many Local Governments and organisations plan Blessing of the Roads activities, with a number of events and displays running in the lead up to Easter. For a complete list of events and display locations, visit the Blessing of the Roads RoadWise website.
Back to Search Results