City of Cockburn
The City of Cockburn covers an area of 170sqkms with a population of 101,973. The City owns and manages 797kms of sealed roads.
The Road Safety and TravelSmart group function as an advisory group to the Council, with a vision for the City of Cockburn to have a robust, safe and integrated transport network which balances environmental impacts and community needs.
The group’s charter includes:
- raising community awareness of road safety issues and initiatives in local communities;
- identifying community concerns about road safety issues and developing initiatives to address them;
- facilitating and promoting healthy transport opportunities;
- reviewing road safety strategies that influence road safety in the community; and
- identifying a holistic regional approach to freight management.
Membership of the group includes representation from the City of Cockburn, WALGA's RoadWise, State Government agencies, emergency services, youth and road user associations.
Jillian Woolmer, TravelSmart Officer, City of Cockburn, email@example.com.
<< Back To Metropolitan South Region