Industry Road Safety Alliance
South West Industry Road Safety Alliance
The South West Industry Road Safety Alliance is an independent, collaborative group of industry, Local Government and State Government organisations in an area bounded by Greater Bunbury, Collie, Boddington and Pinjarra.
The goal of the South West Alliance is to mitigate and manage risks associated with industry road traffic in this area with the ultimate aim of improving safety and reducing trauma for all road users.
The South West Alliance aims to achieve this by:
- Being a strategic road safety group that acts as a conduit of information on local issues and opportunities;
- Acting as a road safety advocate that identifies and calls for action to improve road safety outcomes;
- Raising awareness and educating road users about local road safety issues and opportunities;
- Developing relationships and sharing information between members to improve road safety locally; and
- Working with other Industry Road Safety Alliances across the State to improve road safety throughout WA.
The South West Alliance membership includes:
- Newmont Boddington Golf
- Premier Coal
- South32 Worsley Alumina
- Shire of Boddington
- Shire of Collie
- Shire of Harvey
- WALGA RoadWise
- Department of Transport
- Main Roads WA
- Road Safety Commission
- WA Police
The Alliance joined with the Jackson family from Collie to produce a video in support of the Shine A Light on Road Safety campaign during May. The video reached 35,000 people in the first 24 hours after it was posted to the South West Industry Road Safety Alliance's Facebook page.
Click on the link below to view the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZvLPwCOtJE&feature=youtu.be
- Several major infrastructure improvements have been pursued by the Alliance including intersection improvements, the installation of street lighting and the development of car parks to encourage car pooling and bus services.
- The Alliance also conducts major road safety campaigns at Christmas and Easter. These included altered workforce travelling times to avoid peak holiday traffic, education campaigns and local television, radio and print road safety advertising.
- Implemented voluntary heavy vehicle curfews and a local road safety education calendar with supporting resources and signage.
- Implementation of ongoing workplace road safety tool box sessions.
- Development and implementation of fleet safety policies.
- 2010 Insurance Commission of Western Australia Road Safety Awards
- - Most Innovative Road Safety Project
- - Insurance Commission of WA's Managing Directors Award
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy
- 2009 Local Government Road Safety Awards
- - Safe Roads and Roadsides
- - Safe Road User Behaviour
Contact the South West Alliance:
Visit the South West Alliance website at https://www.industryroadsafety.com.au/ or follow their activities via their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IRSASW/
<< Back To South West Region