Shire of Northam
The Committee meets monthly on the third Tuesday of every month at 9.00am, at the Shire of Northam Council Chambers.
- Shire of Northam
- Wheatbelt Public Health Unit - WA Country Health Service
- Main Roads WA
- WALGA's RoadWise Program
- WA Police Force
- Community members
- School Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA)
- Coordinate and/or develop programs and projects that address the cornerstones of Towards Zero, WA's road safety Strategy 2008-2020.
- Encourage safe use of the road network by motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Raise community awareness of road safety issues in the Shire.
- Develop and/or promote the submission of funding applications for road safety initiatives.
- Improve road safety through education and behavioural change in the Shire.
- Local child car restraint checking stations in partnership with Wheatbelt Public Health.
- Northam Christmas Pageant - promotion of safe vehicles - stars on Cars.
- A weekly radio road safety tips segment by Main Roads WA on Regional ABC 531.
- Northam Road Safety Week
Local Government Road Safety Awards 2018 - Shire of Northam (Winner)
During October, representatives from the Shire of Northam were presented with The Safe System Approach – Complementary Initiatives Award, for their five week Easter road safety campaign, #AvonLocalsDrivingChange. The award was presented as part of the WALGA Transport and Roads Forum.
Chair: Clinton Kleynhans
<< Back To Wheatbelt North Region