Shire of Northam
The Committee meets monthly on the third Tuesday of every month at 9.00am, at the Education Department, Mclver House Northam.
- Shire of Northam
- Wheatbelt Public Health Unit - WA Country Health Service
- Main Roads WA
- WALGA's RoadWise Program
- WA Police
- Community members
- School Drug Education and Road Aware
New look for Northam RoadWise
The Northam RoadWise Committee Advisory Group has been formed with representatives from the Shire of Northam (staff and Elected Members), Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA), Northam District Police, Main Roads WA, emergency services, community members and key stakeholders.
The Committee meets on a monthly basis to discuss and develop strategies which encourage community participation and promote education aimed at achieving a safer road transport environment for all road users in the region.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- Coordinate and/or develop programs and projects that address the cornerstones of Towards Zero, WA's road safety Strategy 2008-2020.
- Encourage safe use of the road network by motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Raise community awareness of road safety issues in the Shire.
- Develop and/or promote the submission of funding applications for road safety initiatives.
- Improve road safety through education and behavioural change in the Shire.
- Local child car restraint checking stations in partnership with Wheatbelt Public Health.
- Northam Christmas Pageant - promotion of safe vehicles - stars on Cars.
- A weekly radio road safety tips segment by Main Roads WA on Regional ABC 531.
- Northam Road Safety Week
Chair Rose Power
Phone: 9622 0200
<< Back To Wheatbelt North Region