What We Do
WALGA’s RoadWise works with communities to take action to reduce road trauma.
Help and assist
Provide advice and guidance
- Provide access to road safety information, tools and resources (e.g. Road Safety Trailer and courtesy speed display signs).
- Provide road safety advice to Local Governments, RoadWise Committees, community groups and individuals (e.g. child car restraints, Black Spot program grants).
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance on the planning, implementation and evaluation of road safety projects, initiatives, campaigns and activities.
- Provide advice and assistance in promoting road safety activities to the community.
- Provide information to members of the RoadWise road safety network on road safety issues and effective interventions.
- Provide advice on regional challenges and opportunities.
- Provide advice on workplace road safety.
- Liaise with government departments on road safety matters.
- Advocate local and regional concerns and initiatives.
- Refer road safety enquiries to relevant agencies and organisations or research and information services.
- Act as a conduit between Industry Road Safety Alliances and RoadWise Committees or networks.
- Participate in and provide reports to Regional Road Group meetings.
Recognise and promote
- Research evidence-based and best practice approaches to road safety.
- Collect data and reports on local road safety actions / activities.
- Research, develop and disseminate tools, resources, campaign materials and communications to assist local road safety actions.