Road Ribbons Around the State
Posted on: Friday, 13 December 2019 at 12:00:00 AM
Local Governments and members of the community road safety network have been showing their support for the 2019 Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign.
- The Toodyay RoadWise Committee celebrated the launch of the Road Ribbons for Road Safety® campaign on 21November outside the local IGA store, engaging with shoppers and passers-by to promote the key messages and handing out ribbons. Fifty ribbons were distributed and conversations were had about local road safety issues, road conditions and the target of zero road fatalities and serious injuries.
- Kimberley Zone Shire Presidents, Chief Executive Officers and other delegates affirmed their support for the road ribbons campaign at the recent WALGA Zone meeting with a photo shoot and distribution of road ribbons.
- Main Roads WA (Kimberley) Road Safety Days provided the perfect opportunity to promote the road ribbon message to local road safety network members.
- Ribbons were available at the Chinatown Christmas Carols/Christmas Parade in Chinatown, Broome on 6 December.
- Community groups based in the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale were invited to morning tea in Pinjarra during November where road ribbons were also distributed.
- Wanneroo Primary School set up a road safety display and distributed road ribbons to all school families.
- On 5December, road ribbons were distributed and discussed at the Koorunga CWA (Wannamal, Shire of Chittering) end of year lunch.
- City of Armadale RoadWise Committee members joined with Armadale Neighbourhood Watch and St John Ambulance this month to raise awareness of road safety at a community safety event at Bunnings Warehouse Harrisdale, including the Road Ribbons for Road Safety® campaign.
These events are in addition to the many road safety displays erected and the road ribbons being made available to the community through Local Government, State Government and other offices across the State.
Visit the RoadWise website at https://www.roadwise.asn.au/image-gallery/ to see the road ribbon photo gallery, which showcases how many organisations are getting involved in the 2019 campaign.
Find out how to participate in the 2019 campaign at http://roadwise.asn.au/road-ribbon-for-road-safety.aspx.
Back to Search Results